- Significantly reduced energy consumption
- Minimal lumen depreciation
- Longer lifetimes and better durability
- Better directionality
- Easy lighting control
- Better quality of light
Your SOLTECH LED lighting fixtures are protected under our warranty. If there are any defects in either the materials or workmanship, your products will be replaced at no charge or you will be issued a credit.
Steps to follow if a light isn’t working:
If the fixture isn’t turning on:
- What has been the temperature during the day throughout the last few days?
- If the temperature has been below freezing or 32F, the battery has not charged. The fixture will go into hibernation mode until the temperature picks up again. Keep in mind, even if the temperature meets the charging requirements of the fixture, the fixture still needs sun to charge.
- What has the weather been like (cloudy, rainy, sunny)?
- Weather can affect the functions of our solar fixtures. Cloudy and rainy days wont intake as much energy as sunny days.
- What is the positioning of the solar panel, is it angled?
- Make sure your fixtures’ panels are angled and not straight for more solar intake. Please refer to our solar panel angle guide.
- How long was it in the box before being installed?
- If the fixture has been in a box for a long time, the charge most likely decreased. Give it some time to pick up charge.
- Did the end user press the power button on the remote to turn on the light?
- The power button on the remote has to be turned on to activate the light. This will also allow the fixture to receive charge. Aim the remote toward the sensor to activate the light.
- What output on the remote has the light been set to?
- Keep in mind that the automatic default mode is 20%-80%. When you press a different mode setting, the fixture will blink three times to indicate that the setting has been set. If you set the light at a low output, you can extend the autonomy and conserve energy (constant 40% or 20%-80% if there isn’t a lot of foot traffic)
Solar fixtures will not deliver 365 days of light, weather and temperature play a big role in autonomy.
If your application requires 365 days of light, consider our on-grid LED solutions. They are cost effective and reliable.
Remember to always check the temperature/weather of your installations before placing an order. We want to make sure we recommend and you receive the best lighting solution.